Subject access requests

If you want to see copies of your medical records, you should ask your GP or the health setting that provided your care or treatment. We do not hold medical records in the same format as a GP or hospital, for example GP notes, X-rays or scans.  

Learn more about how to access your health records [opens in a new window]

Requests may be made in writing, by email, or by speaking to us. All requests will be recorded, and you may need to provide information to verify your identity and enable us to locate the information. Please provide:

  • Full name, address, date of birth, NHS number (requests for health records only)
  • An indication of what information you are requesting to enable us to locate this in an efficient manner.

Examples of acceptable identity evidence are listed below. We require, where applicable, two items from List A and one from List B.

List A - ID documents, examples are:

  • Birth certificate
  • Passport
  • Driving license
  • Staff ID badge (for NHS England and NHS Improvement employees only)

List B - proof of address, examples are:

  • Bank statement
  • Utility bill
  • Tax certificate

Making a request

Requests may be made in writing, by email or by speaking to us. 

For postal requests, please send to the following address:

NHS Lancashire and South Cumbria ICB
Subject Access Request Team
Jubilee House
Lancashire Business Park
PR26 6TR

Email requests should be sent to and please write “Subject Access Request” in the subject line.

If you would have difficulty making a written request, please contact our customer care team on 0800 032 24 24.

Accessibility tools

Return to header