Grief affects us all and we want to make sure people feel comfortable in talking about grief.
A bereavement can lead to serious mental health problems if people don't get the support they need. The death of a loved one can be among the most difficult moments that any of us will face in our lives and it can affect people in different ways. There's no right or wrong way to feel. You can find out more about the symptoms and stages of bereavement, grief and loss on the NHS website.
Across Lancashire and South Cumbria there are many organisations that offer bereavement support.
- Bereaved by suicide - If you have been bereaved by suicide you can visit our dedicated bereaved by suicide pages and take a look at our interactive services map to find bereavement and grief support in your area.
- Bereavement Counselling Services Ormskirk - providing free support to West Lancashire
- East Lancashire Hospice - Support service available to anyone over the age of 16 who is registered with a GP in Blackburn, Darwen, Hyndburn or the Ribble Valley.
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay Trust bereavement service
- Suicide Bereavement Support Cumbria